Tuesday 29 May 2018

Lauren ~~ May Embellishment Kit ~~ 12x12 - From Where I Stand


Hey Everyone,

I am back with a mixed media grungy layout using the May Fundraising Kit.

Scrapping Fun Kits is fundraising for Starlight Children’s Foundation this month. All profits from sales of the May Embellishment Kit and kit extras will be donated to Starlight Children’s Foundation. If you would like to donate directly to Starlight Children’s Foundation you can do so via their website https://starlight.org.au/donation-form

I started by watering down some blue and purple acrylic paint and used the packaging technique to adhere to the page, randomly but mostly in middle in a vertical line.

I bordered my photo with zebra tissue paper (matting the whole photo), ripping the tissue paper on the bottom edge. I then used leftover pieces of the collage paper, making it banner on either side.

I added this to the middle of the page, in line with mixed media packaging background. 


I then decided I wanted to have this mixed media piece backed onto another white cardstock. So I ripped both edges so that it would sit up on the border piece as a bit of interest. I also added another ripped layer of white cardstock, so that there was three layers of white cardstock to the layout.

As I was putting the mixed media piece of cardstock onto the plain white 12x12 piece I realised that the scrap strips of the zebra stripe tissue paper would add great interest if added to both sides. So I did just that !

I then got to embellishing, I added a part of beautiful ribbon, to bottom left of the photo. Adding the amazing Charms Creations felt zebra heart to start to combine the photo and the cluster as one.

I new these wood veneer words needed to nestle around the felt heart. I cut some butteflies and made then sit 3D around the photo, like they are flying - this helps to draw eye across the layout.

I added small amount of journalling to bottom cluster, and the title to sit across the top of the photo. 

Looking at the layout as a whole I knew it was missing a doodley border - so I used a thick sharpie and drew few lines to left and right vertical edges. 

Ta Da!








No comments:

Post a Comment