Wednesday 16 May 2018

Sarah - Mixed Media canvas for the May Moodboard Challenge

Hello crafty friends, Sarah here again for a share of my project designed with the May Moodboard in mind. Lets take a look at the Moodboard for this month; What caught my attention from this Moodboard was the word Strong, the little crosses and the colours purple and blue. I decided to make a mixed media canvas inspired by this colour palette.
I used a variety of paints in my stash and layered colours on to the canvas board using a palette knife, drying in between colours. This did take some time due to the drying and I am not a patient crafter!
I then used my 3x5 inch gel plate to stamp some further paint and patterns on to the canvas. I then added some stamping with the same coloured paints to create a tone on tone effect.
To get some additional texture, I added some water to some acrylic paint and dripped it from the top of the canvas and dried it with a heat gun. To finish off the canvas I used some Posca paint pens for extra marks and adhered the 'strong' white die cut that is the in Scrapping Fun Kits May embellishment kit. Let's look at some close up shots;
Scrapping Fun Kits is fundraising for Starlight Children’s Foundation this month. All profits from sales of the May Embellishment Kit and kit extras will be donated to Starlight Children’s Foundation. If you would like to donate directly to Starlight Children’s Foundation you can do so via their website https://starlight.org.au/donation-form

No comments:

Post a Comment