Saturday 23 June 2018

Jaymilee - June 2018 kit - Memories

Hi lovely ladies, I’m back on the blog today sharing my second layout using the June embellishment kit. Featured in this month’s kit was a beautiful wood veneer piece. I really wanted to use this piece as the focal point of this project.


To achieve this look I used just some washi from my stash to over the top half of the word. Next I mixed together some green paint with white to create a mint green colour and simply painted over the other half of the word. I really love how it turned out and it made the wood venner really pop on the page.


I’ve used white cardstock as the base of my layout. What I’ve done is used the green and gold washi tape and put an entire strip down the right hand side of the layout. I love using washi to create backgrounds and the washi this month was just stunning. the other two strips are the vellum which was included in the kit.
Finally I just used some white tissue paper from my stash and accordion folded it and stuck it down with double sided tape. 
I have just matted the photo with one of the papers from the kit and just a doily from my stash. Also under the photo I added two strips of one of the washi’s included in the kit. For all the little embellishments around the page I used the resin flowers included in the kit as well as the pink flair from the kit and also the circle paper clip and one of the beautiful paper flowers from the kit as well. Finally I just added some tiny word stickers from my stash and some little gold hearts and some splatters of blush Heidi Swapp Colour Shine. 

I hope you enjoyed this layout and check out the other ladies on the design teams post they have done some amazing things with the kit this month.
Jaymilee



No comments:

Post a Comment