Wednesday 13 June 2018

Jaymilee - June Embelishment kit - 8.5 x 11 layout

Hi lovely ladies, I’m up on the blog today share my first project as a design team member. I created this layout using 2x2 photos of my dogs using the stunning June embellishment kit. I just loved the peach colours. I will admit the mint green did throw me a little to begin with but I think I made it work here with this 8.5 x 11 layout.


My first thought when seeing the amazing washi tapes was I wanted to use them as strips to create a background. A signature style of mine is using white backgrounds for all my layouts. What I’ve done to save as much of the washi as I can was I measured up where I needed the washi tape to be and just left the parts that would be covered empty. Next I used strips of the patterned paper that was included in the kit to finish the background.


To matt my photo I used the peach polka dot paper and ripped the edges to give a torn look. A torn look gives a really great effect and makes your photo really stand out as your eye goes to the torn look of the paper.
  
I used one of the mint papers in the kit and just cut it into the shape of a tag. Then I used Mont Marte yellow pink paint over the middle of the tag. I also cut the peach ribbon that was included in the kit and cut it down the centre then stapled it on to the tag. I just can’t leave a tag without some form of twine or ribbon. And the peach ribbon worked perfectly for this.


I’ve just used some pink paisley alphabet stickers from my stash as they went really well with the kit. Also just used my own script writing to write the word love. This technique of writing is really easy and it a great way to add a more personally detail to any layout.


Finally just to add some small details on the page I’ve used some Maggie Holmes tiny word stickers and some resin flowers and wood veneers from my stash. I have also just used some blush Heidi Swapp colour shine to do some splatters and also some gold paint.


I really love how this layout has turned out. Also I hope you all get some inspiration on how to use the beautiful June peach and mint embellishment kits.


Thanks Jaymilee.



No comments:

Post a Comment