Wednesday 26 June 2019

Karen - Project Life with the June Scrapping Fun Kit

Project Life with June Scrapping Fun Kit

Hi, it's Karen here with my second blog using the June Scrapping Fun Kit.

If you've not seen my first blog, you can check it out here - I made some cute baby cards.

For this blog though, I wanted to use the rest of the kit and make a layout in my Project Life Album.
If you've not familiar with Project Life, check out www.beckyhiggins.com, where you can find more info. Basically its a easy way to journal your memories using 12x12 plastic pockets, where you can insert photos and journalling cards etc.  Most people do a spread each week, but as it can soon mount up into a lot of storage space, so I do one spread each month, as well as random ones, such as birthdays, Christmas etc.


There are many different designs on the 12x12 page protectors, on this spread I've used one that includes four 6x4 pockets, and three 4x4 pockets.





To start with I used the cute little 'sleepy cuddles' sentiment which was included in the kit. I heat embossed these so make them blue, and backed them onto the plaid paper sheet which was also included in the kit.

I also added some journalling onto a sheet of tracing paper, which I added to the bottom right hand side of my spread. I attached this with staplers, and used the tissue paper from the kit as a background for this.

To finish off, I added some silver bling from my stash throughout the spread.






In the top left hand side I used the tissue sheet too as my background - I like the mix of texture this brings. I used some alphas from my stash to add my son's name - as well as stamping 'it's a boy' onto some of the left over bits of paper.

There were quite a few off-cuts of paper left, after I'd cut them down to 6x4, so I used these at the bottom of the tissue paper in a layering effect, finished off with one of the embellishments from the kit too.











It's hard to see on the photo - but I also stamped text on a left over piece of plaid paper which I added to the elephant paper, and one of the embellishment pieces. I also cut out the tape measure to add this to the piece too.

The darkness of the piece, adds a good focal point to the centre of my spread.







Under each of my photos, I added the sentiment from one of the sheets. The flowers were also added from the kit on onto each photo to co-ordinate them both.









If you'd like to see more of my crafting projects, check out my social links below



No comments:

Post a Comment