Saturday 4 March 2017

Morgyn - Neon Kit - Planner Divider

Hi everyone,

Morgyn here with a quick share for you all, using our exclusive neon kit!  

I wanted to do something a little different this time so I created a planner divider and I just love it!!

Here is my finished product:

Now for a look at my process:


First I cut down some white card-stock so it would fit in my planner.  Then i used the stickers from the kit to create my background - this is a great technique for using up left over Thickers.


I covered the letter stickers in 2 layers of Gesso (letting in dry in between each layer).  This gave me a great foundation to add my colours.


I used some Dina Wakley - Heavy Body Acrylic paint (Tangerine) mixed with some gold glitter powder.  This colour worked perfectly with the Neon kit.


After letting that dry (there was a lot of drying time in this project), I added some extra colour to the corners using my Gelato's (Red and dark pink) to give a bit of a gradient effect.  I dabbed the end of the Gelato in a splash of water and just rubbed it on - smoothing it out with my fingers.


Then came time to embellish.  I used a bunch of goodies from the kit along with a couple of cut apart pieces I made.  Totally loved how this turned out.

Have a great scrappy day

Morgyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment