Saturday 17 June 2017

Lisa - June Kit - Princess

Hello again and welcome to my 2nd Layout using the Scrapping fun June Kit. This is sooo different from my first one and a little bit of a mixed media experiment, to be honest. 😀

I used a pink Kaisermist on a piece of white cardstock. When it dried I used a damp brush and painted over it. I let it dry and then splattered it with Pomegranate Glitter Mist.


Once completely dried I tore the edges and used a Vintage colour Kaisercraft Ink pad to further distress the edges then mounted it onto Blue 12x12 cardstock.

I chose 2 photos of my daughter dressed up as a "princess" when she was 4 years old. Even though one photo she looks quite sad I wanted to use both photos. I think it's important to show photos where we are not always happy.




I used 2 x Kit patterned papers which I trimmed with pink ink behind the 2 Photos that I matted onto white cardstock.

Using a mixture of kit embellishment and those from my stash I clustered them to the right of the photo. I used the wood veneer hearts, pink metal roses, pink centred daisy and Filigree all from the June Kit. These complimented the stash epoxy flairs & dress die cut very well.




I then used half the paper doily to mount my journal block on. The Journal block was cut into a half circle from hot pink cardstock that I had left-over from another project.









I have used gold foil alphabet stickers from the Reject Shop for the title and a wood veneer heart from the Kit to dot the "I".

In the end, I think this layout turned out well and the June Kit adds a beautiful embellished experience to these simple photos.










No comments:

Post a Comment