Tuesday 20 June 2017

Tracey- June Kit- Forever Friends

Hey everybody! How has everybody gone with their June kit?

I'm back today with my last layout for the month which is called Forever Friends.

I started this layout with a piece of patterned paper from my stash, I then used the Candy Kaisermist with the packaging technique.











I really wanted a bold photo mat so I used a piece of hot pink cardstock to mount my photo on too.  I then added a 'half mat' of patterned paper from the kit and then proceeded on to my last mat which was my favourite paper from this months kit.

Because the paper in my last photo mat is so bold, I wanted to continue that up in the top right corner, so stuck that down and then continued to create my main point of focus for the layout.  I chose to add a doily from the kit under my photo so that I had a bit of a mat for my embellishments to sit on.













I stuck my photo down and started to arrange the top layer of my embellishments. I felt as if the small space under the photo looked a bit strange and added the beautiful vintage ribbon from the kit to fill the space, and what a perfect job it did! I then added the large metal charm and the stunning handmade flower to the corner of the photo, the fabric button and a wooden heart to make a cluster.













At this stage, I'm thinking that my layout is complete, so I added my title, Forever Friends. I then spotted the tiny beads that were included in the kit, I knew that I wanted to use them but I didn't know how, so I had a think and then thought that I could messily add some texture paste around the photo and pressed the beads into the texture paste before it dried. I really love the interesting texture that this creates.














Because the paper in my last photo mat is so bold, I wanted to continue that up in the top right corner, so stuck that down and then continued to create my main point of focus for the layout.  I chose to add a doily from the kit under my photo so that I had a bit of a mat for my embellishments to sit on.
With this months kit we received a tassel, I have never used a tassel before so this was a bit of a frightening endeavour for me, but I think all worked out well.  I chose to attach it to the patterned paper and surrounded it with a sequin and a wooden heart, also from the kit. I also added to the cluster by sticking down two chipboard pieces from my stash.







Here is my finished layout.

If you would love to recieve a kit then head to the Subscription Tab and fill in the form.


No comments:

Post a Comment