Saturday, 3 June 2017

Tracey- June Kit- Mother's Day

Hey everybody, Tracey here on the blog today. How is everybody loving the June kit? I love the vintage feel that this kit gives off, it was perfect for some of my family photos!

To start off this page, I used a 12x12 piece of patterned paper that I bought in a pad from the Reject Shop, the paper is also pretty darn good quality too surprisingly, I'll be sure to go back to get more. Any who, I chose the pink wood grain because the colour was such a pretty shade and it matched with the kit and the wood grain themed in with the vintage feel to the kits pieces. I also sprayed the white Kaisercraft mist through the Kaisercraft 12x12 crackle stencil.

I  mounted the photo on a piece of the exclusive Scrapping Fun Kits paper and then fussy cut 3 of the rose cut outs to use in my clusters.  I mounted the back of my photo mat to a doily from my stash and then went ahead to colour the die cut rose from the kit.  To colour the rose, I sprayed the Pink mist by Kaisercraft on to a piece of plastic, I then used a darker pink from Colour Blasts (I can't remember the name sorry!) and layed the rose in the ink.  Once I had dried the rose I use the pink Colour Blasts mist to add a few splatters. Once the rose had been stuck down, I clustered some more of the kits embellishments, such as the wood veneer hearts, metal flowers and cotton flowers.

I then took the fussy cut roses that I had previously cut out and joined two of them using a small staple and adhered them to the corner of my photo, I used the die cut rose to cover up the staple.  I took my left over fussy cut rose and stuck the corner of it to the cute crochet doily that the kit included and then stuck them both to the opposite corner of the page. I carried on the same cluster of embellishments in this corner.

I wanted to keep my title simple, as usual. I went ahead with  'Mother's Day' because this photo was taken on Mothers Day this year- which happened to be my first! Yipiee!! To cut out the title, I use the Kaisercraft cursive capital die and plain white card stock.  I found that using a glue pen was the easiest way to glue down all of the letters because all of my other glues were too thick and blobby for such delicate work.

No comments:

Post a comment