Saturday 24 June 2017

Morgyn ~ June Kit ~ Behind the lens

Hi Scrappers,

Morgyn here with my 2nd project using the scrapping fun kits June Kit, you can find my first project here.

This kit was screaming to be used on a nice feminine layout.  I don't have many photos of myself (naughty I know) but then I remembered this lovely picture I took of my Nana and my son Roman and it was just perfect to create a layout.


First off I used a brayer with some heavy body acrylic paint (red and white) to create my background, I gave it a sort of ombre effect of dark to light up the page.  Then I added some grey splatters over the page - at this point I really didn't know where I was going with this layout.


Next I made my paper layers behind the photo, I used the heart paper and a small strip of the dotty paper, part of the doily and some washi tape.  I added a rose die-cut and then made a little embellishment cluster to the bottom of the photo.  


Finally I cut the journal card in half and used half on the right side of the layout with some washi tape and a crochet flower to form my journal space.  I made notes about the photo and how roman was starring lovingly at his Great Nana and giving her a lovely smile.


That's my layout complete.  I really love this layout the colours and floral aspects are so perfect for this photo - I can't stop starring at it lol.  If you would like to watch my process video for this layout please check it out HERE.

Thanks for stopping by

Morgyn  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment