Saturday 3 March 2018

Lisa - March Kit - Rare Sighting

Hello again, it is now Autumn (Fall) and time for many of you to see the changing colours of the tree's. Not for me though because I live in a tropical climate 😁 so these photos were actually taken in November but the subject matter still goes well with the leaves and theme of the Scrapping Fun March Embellishment Kit.

I started this layout at the bottom of the page. I used the felt piece in the kit by cutting it in half with my tiny scissors and laying it along the bottom of the page. 

I am not a big washi user but with this layout, I went all out and laid a strip of each washi sample in the kit across the full length of the page. 

Then I Laid my photos above the washi matted with the gorgeous Autumn leaves in the Kit and some patterned paper I had in my stash.

Unfortunately, I laid the photo's a little crooked 😔 and the tape I used was soo sticky I couldn't redo them without damaging the whole thing (that will teach me to rush), However, someone told me it has a "whimsical" look so I am going with that (Thanks, Shari 😉)

I have made a little embellishment cluster in the corners of the photos. In the bottom left corner (photo above) I used a little purple flower from the Kit and the Crunching Leaves Cut-out backed by an Autumn Leaf.

In the top right corner, I have mixed a few words from the cut aparts with another purple flower. They are simple clusters but the layout is quite busy as it is and doesn't need too much more.




Then at the very top of the page I have again used some washi with the Polka dot ribbon and flower from the kit. The buttons, tiny heart and gold arrow paper clip are from my stash.

I added some simple journalling across the top and a little title above the photo "Rare Sighting" because this is the only time I ever mowed the lawn and hubby got a photo of it 😂


Put it all together and this is what you get (photo below)




No comments:

Post a Comment