Saturday 15 September 2018

Jaymilee - September 2018 Kit - Little Sun

Hello everyone, Jaymilee here. I’m up on the blog today sharing a really quick and easy 8x8 layout I created with the September 2018 Kit

Firstly I started out with the idea of using the cute little paper bag included in the kit as a matting piece for my photo as well as a place for a giant tag. I matted my photo with one of the papers from the kit and ripped the bottom off to give a little more texture. Next I used the paper bag from the kit and matted that making sure that I left the open end of the bag clear. I made a really simple tag using one of the papers from the kit as well as a white reinforcers from my stash. I used some grey twine from my stash and used that to make a pull for the tag.










Next I decided to use some grey paint from my stash and some bubble wrap that was just on my desk. Yes you did read that right bubble wrap. Bubble wrap is an amazing way to add texture really easily to a layout. I painted over the bubble wrap with the grey paint and just stamped that onto the paper.













I used double sided tape to stick down the photo to the background. Then I decided to use some black and gold alphas from my stash to create the title for this layout. I thought that this title goes really well with the theme of the kit which is very spring and sunflower inspired. Which fits perfectly as this little puppy is called sunny.  I used one of the labels from the cut-apart sheet and did a little journaling about the photo. If I had a lot more journaling I would have used the tag however for this layout I really wanted the tag as a design element rather than a practical element.






To finish off the layout I used two of the tiny words from the cut-apart sheet as well as one of the little wooden bees that was included in the kit. I thought these bees were just too cute to not include in the layout. Finally I added a gold heart from my stash as well as some gold mist splatters from a sparkly element and a border around the outside of the layout.

I really loved how this layout turned out. It was also really quick and only took me about 10 minutes to create. This is included the paint drying which is a really fast layout. Check out some of the other ladies and what they have created this month. That’s all from me using this kit.

Jaymilee

No comments:

Post a Comment