Wednesday 10 October 2018

Amy- October 2018 Kit- Family Tradition

Hey there Scrapping Fun Peeps,

October is here and we are on the roll to Christmas... eek! But how gorgeous was this Month's kit as a nice little reminder of the coming festive season. I did decide that for my first project using this kit I would catch up on some older family Christmas photos that are sitting in my photo box. This photo is going back to 2016, and we have kind of created this tradition of Santa photo on Christmas Eve.

For this this layout I decided to bring in some of the background colour and bling of the photo, so using the packaging technique and the Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide I smooshed the ink all over the background. I then splatters of gold colour shine would be the perfect touch.






I have then pulled a piece of patterned paper from my stash to add to this layout (I think it is an old My Minds Eye Christmas one). I used it to break up the page a little and a different paper layer to behind the photo. I have then used the silver doily and the sign post card to create a larger cluster and journaling space next to my photo.


After this I have added my photo and then the green trim from the kit would add the perfect pop of colour to break away from the red and some texture to the page. To balance out the large cluster I thought I would use the papers from the kit and make a smaller type cluster in the bottom right. I have torn the edges of the pieces to give them that rough book kind of look, as if you were looking at a story. 

Then using some of the smaller embellishment pieces I embellished little spots on my page and then added my title and date using gold number stickers. 
And that is my layout done! 



I am loving this layout and how easily this kit is to use with previous Christmas stash as well as other things in my collections. 

Until next time
Amy 


No comments:

Post a Comment