Saturday 6 October 2018

Jaymilee - October 2018 Kit - 6x6 Christmas mini album

Hello lovely ladies, I’m up on the blog today sharing my first project using the October 2018 kit. For this first project I wanted to make a really simple Christmas album because I’m not doing December daily this year, but I still want a simple way to document my Christmas memories. I grabbed two 12x12 kraft cardstock sheets, two 12x12 white cardstock sheets and a few random green papers from my stash. I then cut down all the paper so they were all 6x6. I just arranged them in any order, but I knew I wanted kraft to be the first page.


Next I used my hot glue gun to glue down the green pompom trim from the kit around the front cover of the mini album. This took a little bit of time but using a hot glue gun makes it so much easier then standard wet glue.



















Next I took the chipboard Christmas word from the kit and painted it gold. This took a few coats but because they were very thin it dried very quickly. Painting chipboard or wood veneer can add a really nice textural element in a paper craft project. I then glued it down onto the front cover using wet glue.
















I took the silver flower from the kit and hot glued that onto the middle binder ring of the mini album. I then took the red twine from the kit and tied little bows on the top and bottom binder rings. Adding different trims and ribbons to binder rings on mini albums can really add a little bit of softness to the metal binder rings.
















Next I just went a little embellishment crazy over the cover. I hot glued the green fabric flowers from the kit on top of the green pompom trim. I also used the hot glue gun again to put the adorable little Santa hat on the top right corner of the album cover. I put a label from my stash and stamped on the December 2018. Finally I put some white splatters all over the page.

I’m really excited to fill this mini album with all the Christmas memories this year. I’m also so happy with how this mini album cover turned out, I haven’t made a mini album not in binder in 5 years so this was really fun to make. Go check out some of the other ladies projects using the October embellishmentkit.

Thanks everyone bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment