Wednesday 17 October 2018

Jaymilee - October 2018 - A night out


Good morning lovely people, I’m up on the blog today sharing a 6x12 layout using the October 2018 kit. This month I really wanted to challenge myself to use a Christmas themed kit to make a non-Christmas layout. I just have to say this layout started off very different from the end result. So I challenged myself to use a few of the red elements from the kit.

I started with a pre-made mixed media background. To do this was just a red alcohol marker and some rubbing alcohol. Then I used the packaging technique to make a soft pops of colour on the white card-stock.
After starting the layout I knew that I wasn’t loving how the mixed media was looking, but again I challenged myself to use it. To do this I matted the photo with the papers from the kit, I used some double-sided tape to stick down the paper mats and then some double-sided tape to stick that to the background paper. Then I used the red twine from the kit and wrapped it around the bottom of my paper and stapled them down.














Next I used some die cuts from my stash to cover the little bit of mixed media down the bottom. I also used a pencil to sketch out my title. Using hand lettering on your layouts is a great way to add a title if you do not have any alphas that match your layout.

















Next I used the red rhinestones from the kit to create a little ‘shelf’ for the title. I really like how this turned out, I think it pulls your eyes attention to the title. Finally I used some wood veneers and tiny resin starts from my stash to add little details around the page. And a little bit of gold splatters around the page.


Go check out all the other ladies lovely creations thismonth. That’s all from me today,
Thanks everyone,
Jaymi.

No comments:

Post a Comment