Wednesday 15 May 2019

Julie - May 2019 Kit - 3 Cards

Good morning paper crafting friends

Today I am sharing 3 cards I made using the May kit from Scrapping Fun Kits.

I have made a layout using this kit already. You can see the video here if you want to check it out.

The video showing the process of making these cards is here.

The two square cards are 5.25" square and were cut from a sheet of 12" x 12" cardstock that was already embossed.


The first card has two strips of patterned paper down the left hand edge, They have both had their right hand edges torn. I have wrapped some ribbon around the top patterned paper before I attached it to the card with foam tape. I made the coloured flower using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. I share how to make this in the video.

A white flower and some leaves from my stash finish off the decorative cluster on the bottom left of the card.

A fishtail banner cut in white cardstock and then mounted on some of the patterned paper hold the sentiment that is created using the orange alpha stickers from the kit.

A little bit of bling is created by adding some of the red sequins randomly on the card with glue.


I wanted to use the rest of the sequins and the glass beads from the kit in a shaker card so this next card is how I did it.

I cut a square of the patterned paper and then cut a square of orange cardstock that was slightly bigger.

I used a no brand die to cut the flower out of the middle of the patterned paper. I attached some acetate to the back of the patterned paper with glue and then two layers of foam tape to make a complete circle around the cut out. The sequins and beads were then added and the orange cardstock stuck on top to seal them all in. I used a double layer of foam tape so that there would be plenty of room for the sequins to move around.

I then stuck the flower cut out on top of the acetate to add the flower detail back in.

A red gem was added to the centre of the flower.

I tied a knot in a piece of the ribbon from the kit and used it as a backing for 3 of the paper flowers the bottom left of the shaker panel. I also added two more flowers to the top right hand corner of the panel

The greeting was once again made with the alpha stickers added to some white cardstock and then double matted on patterned paper and orange cardstock.


This final card was created on a 6" x 4" card that I created from plain white cardstock.

I have cut a piece of orange cardstock and a piece of white cardstock each one a quarter of an inch smaller in both directions that the piece beneath it, creating a couple of layers.

A couple of fishtail banners were cut from the patterned papers and because they were very short I have cut them in half and stretched them out behind the patterned paper circle. The circle was cut using a Lifestyles Nesting Doily Circles die.

To create the backing for the greeting I cut a piece of orange cardstock and added a layer of the ribbon from the kit then the greeting which was created by adding the alpha stickers to some white cardstock and trimmed to fit the ribbon panel.

The paper roses were attached using my hot glue gun.
All of the papers on this card have inked edges.


I hope you have enjoyed looking at these cards.

Don't forget you can see them being assembled here

You can check out Scrapping Fun Kits here.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hug
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment