Wednesday 4 April 2018

Lisa - April Kit - 5,4,3,2,1


Hello, and welcome to my layout using the April embellishment kit by Scrapping Fun kits. This has to be one of my favourite kits so far and this layout was made during the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep.

You never run out of S.T.E.A.M (Science Technology Engineering Arts & Mathematics)using the play on words was perfect for the photo Subject with my young Grandson who is so full of questions and wonder at this age. The Little Metal Robot is just the cutest thing and had to take pride of place. The papers I have used are from the Sugar & Spice Studio, "Space" paper pack.

I have matted white cardstock onto the 12x12 patterned paper allowing the square tiles to create a border. Then I have used a few cuts of complimenting patterned paper from the same collection to matt the photo onto. I then trimmed the sides with the cute little robot washi from the Kit. 
I have used the Journal Block from the Kit Cut Aparts and the Atom-Molecule die cut to slightly accent the photo. As the paper is so vibrant I didn't want to use many embellishments here.

I had a white space to the left of the page that I didn't know whether to leave or not, but creativity kicked in big time at about 3am and I wanted to use the cut apart Rocket from the Kit so much.                                                  I painted some wood veneer numbers from my stash in the primary colours and placed them like a take-off countdown. I used Kaisercraft Ink sprays for this in 3 coats with no preparation of the veneer beforehand.                                                                        Now the dilemma of how to make flames and smoke. I am not an Artist in this way. So I just sprayed some orange Kaisermist on a piece of white cardstock and used a black Artline pen to create the detail. I cut it out stuck it all down with the rocket on top and then created the flames coming out of the rocket and coloured that in with a red waterbased pen.                                                         It really is a colourful design and I love how it has turned out, it really matches my Grandsons personality and his love of space and science at such an early age.                                                                                 In a couple of weeks, I will share the second layout I created with this Kit which I also love with my Grandson as the subject.



No comments:

Post a Comment