Sunday 1 April 2018

Raelene - White with 1 April Challenge - Friends


Raelene here with my Guest Designer layout for the White with 1 April Challenge.
The March Kit had some pieces that were perfect for the April Challenge so I set the 2 items aside for this challenge and pulled some other cute bits from a upcoming kit.







You can see how this layout came together in my Process Video.

I started by selecting a photo that would work with the sketch and the colour.
This photo taken on the day my Mum met her lifelong best friend in 1982 was a weird size due to how my local photo printing place resized it to print, it had been a square photo but they made it a 3 x 6 inch photo.  So I thought this was a good one for the sketch instead of 3 small photos and due to the colouring in the photo brown suited quiet well.

I stayed fairly true to the sketch with this one, I loved the hidden journalling option in it and used the tag to record what event this photo was from.





I used the felt trim from the March Kit instead of paper for the top right section of the sketch and the ribbon from the kit as the ribbon in the sketch.  I also trimmed some flowers, leaves and a bit of vine from the felt trim to use as embellishments.
The other papers are up for consideration for a upcoming kit, what do you think of them?


I wanted to add this lovely lace that is from a upcoming kit so I added a small bit just under the photo mat on the left bottom paper, I love the little extra pop it gave the layout.

How cute is this burlap flower that will be in a upcoming kit?

I love how the leaves from the felt trim work in with the flower and lace.


This friends chipboard from the School Kit was the perfect title for such a important day.











I hope this inspires you to record a childhood memory and join in the White with 1 Challenge.

2 comments: