Saturday 7 April 2018

Lisa - April Kit - To the moon and back

Hello again and welcome to my second layout using the Scrapping Fun April embellishment kit.

The photo I have used is one of my favourite photos of my Grandson stargazing with Mummy.

I have used a black cardstock for the background and matted the photo on several layers of printed cardstock one of these being from the Kit. I have then used the washi to add a little colour but not too much.

As the title, I have used the cut apart from the Kit and just highlighted the word Moon with a black Artline pen. 

I embellished under the title with some Green raffia in a bow tied to the metal Molecule/Atom Symbol and Wood veneer geometric compass.

Moving up the right-hand side of the page, I have used some tiny words from my stash on the side of the photo and tucked the Earth patch from the kit under the photo.

I have used the Moon Sticky in the corner which I mounted on a piece of black card to give it some stiffness and then tied some more green raffia around it as if to "Lasso" the moon. I am not sure if you can see but there is some plastic mesh under there which I have anchored the lasso too.





Moving over the left side of the photo I have used the cut apart stars and tag/label to add some balance, interest and journalling.

The white "splatter" type cardstock under the journalling tag I made with a Kaisercraft template and some gesso. I was going to use it as my full background but it was too much so cut it down instead.

A Little washi from the Kit on the side again for Balance and I have tied some more raffia to the mesh anchor on this side which goes into the corner.





I really loved the way this layout turned out all thanks to the gorgeous Scrapping Fun Kit which provided so much inspiration. See you all next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment