Saturday 28 April 2018

Sarah - April STEM/STEAM Kit - Art has....

Hello crafty friends, Sarah here with a layout for you using the amazing STEAM themed April kit. This 6X8 layout will go in to my 2018 memory planner album and was perfect for this month's theme.
STEAM refers to Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathmatics - all great for my two boys who are the focus of my scrapbooking. This particular day on the school holidays though, both boys wanted to get painty and so we did! I love this photo of my youngest son - I captured his gorgeous smile quite randomly, but it worked well for this layout.

I created the background of the layout using some gelli printed pieces of deli paper I had at home adhered to the cardstock with gel medium. A perfect 'arty' look for this layout. I added some background stamping in black ink and matted the photo on the star patterned paper that came in the kit. The cut aparts were added and host the quote from Sydney Curewitz Clemens - 'Art has the role in education of helping children become like themselves instead of more like everyone else'.

The April embellishment kit can be purchased online here. Let's remember what's in the kit.
This Kit is so versatile for many themes - those lego building pics, playdough, construction or even a steam train themes layout. The gorgeous world fabric badge could be used for a travel theme, and how about for the moon post its and cut aparts a 'love you to the moon and back' layout? Fantastic kit to use on a multitude of layouts. Here's a close up of my favorite wooden piece from Corbett Creations.
I hope you enjoyed this layout and will hurry to pick up your April kit if you haven't done so already! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment