Wednesday, 21 November 2018

Amy- Dino-Tastic Card- November 2018 Kit

Hey Scrappin Fun Fans,

Amy here on the blog today, with a bit of a different project to share with you. I thought that I would try my hand at using the kit this month for making a card, especially being that I have a little Miss who loves dinosaurs. I haven't made many cards so I wasn't sure how I would go , but I am happy with how this turned out.
I first up decided to use a blue piece of 12x12 cardstock and folded it half then cut it down to a 6 inch piece.
 I then went through the remaining pieces of the kit I had and decided what I would use on the front; I decided that bulkier embellishments would work best on the front.

I decided to make the blue dino paper centre on the front cover and then embellish around it. I really wanted to use the vine piece and all the little resin leaves and 2 charms. So I got to work. First up sticking the paper down. I had to use glossy accents to stick down the vine piece and I tied a little knot in the top just for an added little interest and I did pop in a few little staples at the bottom of it to hold it in place. I covered the staples with a wood dinosaur shape I also glued down with glossy accents (I felt the stronger adhesive was needed on the vine material). 

To balance out the heaviness of the left side I popped the flower bunch and 2 of the resin leaves along the right side. 
I still felt the front was missing something so I also added some of the washi tape from the kit along the bottom. 
Next I added the sentiment across the middle using the mini foam thickers from the Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Whimsical collection and I went with a subtle multicoloured effect to make it more fun and child like. 

Next up was the inside of my card and it was a little more simpler. I used the book dino paper from the kit as the centre paper and backed it onto some Vicki Boutin leaf pattern paper to give it some more pop from the blue cardstock. I then bordered this with the fern print ribbon and another washi tape piece from in the kit just to give it some more emphasis and interest. I did place a strip of ribbon on the left hand side to cover the staples up too. And as an added little bonus I have put the 2 little charms from the kit onto 2 pieces of twine and hung them inside the card for the lucky owner. 

I hope you have liked this slightly different project with this months kit and its given you maybe a different way of looking at your kit. 
Until next time

No comments:

Post a comment