Sunday 11 November 2018

Amy- DD2018 Kit- Getting Ready

Hey Scrapping Fun Fans,

Amy here with my first post using the DD2018 Kit; this is what I am calling it as I won't be documenting daily throughout December as my life is not that exciting, but my December is with bithdays as we ll as Christmas fun.
This year in thinking about how I wanted to document December I thought about what I was going to document in and I have decided to make my own Travellers Notebook as I have so much extra Christmas stash left from last year that I can use to make the pages and I thought it would be a little different , so that is what this post is about.

I have used plain old A4 copy paper as the inserts folded in half and I haven't trimmed them down as it was not to uneven when I folded them all together.

Next up was stitiching the binding down the middle. I managed to find some gold embroidery thread in an old sewing box in my cupboard- SCORE!! So using an old Amy Tangerine sewing mat and piercing tool I randomly pierced some holes along the middle of the paper. 
Next up was the stitiching, which I will admit I am not a semstress so I think it is a back stitch I have used here to run through the holes and then for extra reinforcement I added some washi at the end, which I know I will cover with paper or embellishments down the track. 

Now came the fun of using the kit to create my cover page. I knew I would use 1 of the papers I just needed to decide which one. I went with the the green mistletoe as I liked the busy brightness of it. It wasn't quite the full A4 size so I used the thick washi tape in the kit to create a border at the top and bottom.
I then placed the paper on the top and all done. I then worked on the main embellishment cluster which i placed in the bottom left. I placed it there as I thought it will be more stable on that side of the paper then on the right where the book opens. I have used various embellishments from the kit , as well as the hat and flower which is from the October kit, the shrimp and word stickers are from last years kits. 

 I have created the title for using the gold alphas in the kit and added some red bling from the October kit and the front page is created. 
I then started the 1st page to show you how it can be done , but will pop up more photos as I go through in December. 


I hope this gets you thinking about ways you can document December. 
See you soon
Amy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment