Thursday 8 November 2018

Katie - Dr Who Kit -

Hello! I was so excited when Raelene invited me to play with the awesome Dr Who kit! I have been a Dr Who kid since I was about 6 and now my 17 year old daughter is very much a Whovian too! When they brought back Dr Who it was a family affair to all sit and watch together, and it mostly still is even though a couple of the kids are either not living at home or not as interested any more.

Here is a reminder of the fantastic goodies in the kit:

No automatic alt text available.

For the page that I created I decided I also wanted to create a galaxy style background using my distress oxide inks. I mean it seemed an appropriate place for Dr Who after all! Then I got to it and picked some pieces from the kit that worked with the background and my photos and a page was born!

The main photo on this page was one that my daughter and I had taken at Supernova this year with Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie, the most recent Dr Who and his companion! We were so very excited one of the most exciting fan girl moments ever!!


I am really pleased with how the background turned out! If you are interested, the colour inks that I used were: Picked Raspberry, Faded Jeans, Black Soot, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Seedless Preserves and Salty Ocean. I then used some water splatters to lift some of the ink for a star effect.

To create more vibrant stars I grabbed some liquitex ink in white and copper and added some droplets, some of the white ones I made into more cross like shapes for the sparkle effect.

I didn't need to do too much more with how bright the background was, I grabbed the die-cut Tardis (added the details!) and also cut out the two smaller Tardises (how do you make Tardis a plural??? 😂). I added these on my page around the photos and one of them like it is moving through space.


I grabbed some of the Tardis blue trim and thread it through the sonic screwdriver and added this to my page, as well as all of the wood veneer stars. I also created a mat behind the bottom photo using the British themed washi tape, this helps to ground the photos.


And lastly I used a circle punch to cut somewhere to add my journaling and backed that with some of the Tardis paper using a slightly bigger circle punch.

And there you have it, a Dr Who themed page about the day my daughter and I met the Doctor!!!

Thanks for dropping by to check out my page!

No comments:

Post a Comment