I’m up on the blog today sharing a really quick and simple 8x8 layout of my family’s dogs.
I started by cutting down a 12x12 kraft cardstock down to 8x8. This kit was filled with green items and I have always struggled to make green layouts. I knew I wanted to do a little bit of mixed media in the background because I thought it would make working with green a little easier. I stared by putting some gesso on the right hand side. I used a sponge and dab it onto the page. Next I used a stencil from my stash that looks a little but like leaves. I just used some green paint and used the same sponge to dab on a tiny amount of green on top of the gesso.
Next I used the lined paper from the November kit and matted my photo. I also used a book page and a green sheet of paper from my stash to also matt the photo. I used some double sided tape to stick all the paper layers together. I then used some wet glue to stick the photo onto the layout. I always use wet glue when sticking anything onto mixed media.
While I was creating the mixed media background, I decided to use the title sharing is caring because they are both sharing a stick in the photo. I used an alcohol marker from my stash and a black felt tip pen to write the title. Writing your own title is a great way to get a unique title when you don’t have any alpha stickers that will go with your layout.
I used the washi tape from the kit and I covered a heart that I just cut from a scrap piece of paper. This is a great way to make coordinating embellishments if you don’t have any matching embellishments in your stash that go with a layout you are making I used some foam tape and wet glue to stick down the heart. I used the leaf brads from the kit and pushed them though the page in the top right hand corner and next to the heart I made. Next I used some twine from my stash and tied the two dinosaur charms on the twine. I really like how the charms still swing because the twine is glued down not the charms. Finally I used some green tiny word stickers form my stash and did some black splatters around the page.