Wednesday 4 July 2018

Amy- July 2018 Kit- ' Love You Always'

Hey Scrapping Fun Peeps,
                                         Happy beginning of July! I am up today with my 1st project for the month using this very cool embellishment kit and I couldn't resist but use it to scrap a photo of my niece dressed in a Harry Potter inspired onesie that says " Snuggle this Muggle".
 I knew I wanted to use a bit of mixed media and the colours yellow and black as that's what came to mind with this magic theme, so I went through my stash of papers to see what jumped at me. I settled on this black paper as being the background paper and decided I would test out some watercolour paper to do some mixed media on.
I used some shimmer spray to colour the paper yellow, once dried I stuck it to the black patterned paper.



I placed a doily behind my photo to add some texture and softness to the page and matted the photo onto a piece of the patterned paper from the kit. I popped it up on some craft foam for a bit of dimension.

I had to use the gorgeous gold foil train washi and decided to place this opposite the photo and then build a little cluster around it using the cat cut apart from the cut apart sheet from the kit plus the gorgeous silver charm in the kit. I then decided to add the tassel in the opposite top right corner just to add a little balance to the cluster in the bottom left.
I wanted to test out the other washis that came in the kit too and did by adding some little strips in the top left and using those to build my title around. I used white foam thickers from my stash for the Love You and then used the beautiful wood veneer in the kit to finish of the title.
To finish off the page I added some enamel dots then for some magical sparkle added some splatter of gold Heidi Swapp colour shine.





I absolutely adore this layout and the elements in this kit just made it look so beautiful and cute , perfect for my nieces album.
I hope you enjoy your July kits and see you soon with another project.
I also have a process video for this over on my YouTube channel so pop over and check it out
 https://youtu.be/HOsOygbilBA
Happy scrappin
Ames xx

No comments:

Post a Comment