Tuesday 3 July 2018

Lauren - July 2018 Kit - Unboxing and Junk Journal LIVE


Hey Everyone and welcome to July,

Can you really believe that we are halfway through this year - super crazy how fast it has gone!!

Anyways this month really inspired me, and even before I opened my kit I knew I wanted to make a mini album that will record our trip to Universal Studios in Japan - well the Wizarding World portion of the theme park :)

I thought for a while about what type of mini album I would use or make, and remembered that I also had the wizard world paper and ephemera (made by Colorplay) and knew that I could make a travelers notebook.

As I was trying to find my wizard world paper in my stash I came across other things that would be nice to include, like paper bag, vellum etc and had the idea to make my TN like a junk journal. So the size of a normal TN insert but with variety of items and sizes used as pages within the TN.

So to extend the excitement of the release of the kit, I decided to do a Facebook Live stream. This included unboxing the kit (so all of you could see the goodies but also so I knew what else I was working with haha) and then I got stuck into make the junk journal inspired Travelers notebook whilst chatting to the group.

Was a fun way to slow down and explain my process, my thoughts and opinions about products and how to use them, as well as using thoughts and opinions from those who joined me in the live stream.

You can watch the live stream here, as I uploaded to the FB page once I finished so we could refer back to it and for those who couldn't join me could watch at their leisure.

Along with the Scrapping Fun Kits July 2018 Kit and Wizard World from ColorPlay paper and ephemera, I also added gold glittery tulle, HP book paper (from a damaged book), lined paper, white cardstock, paper bag, the plastic bag that the kit was packed in, vellum, two pieces of patterned paper from stash (brick and black pages), some die cuts I created with free cut files from Paper Issues and I believe that was all of it :)



















Here are some of the photos of the junk journal inspired travelers notebook, I did start embellishing on some pages and even added the sequin pocket during the live stream. However I will be adding photos and memorabilia from our visit to Wizarding World section of Japan Universal Studios to complete the TN. So look out for that, as I will share the process and flip through over on my channel later in the month.

thanking you,
Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment