Saturday 18 August 2018

Jaymilee - August 2018 Kit - Let's go fly a kit Art Journal spread

Hey everybody Jaymi here, I’m up on the blog today sharing an art journal page that was both inspired by and used things from the Augustembellishment kit. I started with the idea of making an art journal layout based around the song ‘let’s go fly a kite’ from you guessed Mary Poppins. 

Firstly I used some just watercolours from my stash and did a gradient from green on the bottom to a light blue on the top. By using water colour this is really easy as they blend together very well. Next I just went online and found a template of an outline of a father and a child flying a kite and traced it to make the outline of the people. I water to do this as I really wanted the main colour to come from the kites in the sky.




Next I cut out the kite die cut from the kit this month as well as the little kites from one of the papers in this month’s kit. I picked the big kit to connect with the people arms as I wanted it to be the centre of attention with the kites. I glued these down using matt gel medium, you could use any wet glue on water colour as it doesn’t create that much texture. I added some black lines from the kite using a black pen and some little details on the string of the kites.




Next I just wrote out the little quote ‘let’s go fly a kite’ using a black pen and in my script font. I do love how it turned out. If you are not confident in doing this with a pen straight away do it in pencil and go over that with your pen it makes things a lot easier.








Finally I used my black pen again to add the little trees on the ground. This was really simple to do and I think it added a really nice effect to the page and brought the whole layout together.



That’s all from me today, I hope you enjoyed my art journal page. Check out some of the other ladies projects using the August embellishmentkit.

Jaymi.

No comments:

Post a Comment