Wednesday 14 February 2018

Lauren ~~ February Embellishment Kit -- 12x12 "Love"

Morning everyone,

I was so in love (pun intended) with the February embellishment  kit that was hard not to hoard it. Also lately I have not be able to get enough  of the mixed media backgrounds. 

So i started off by misting water onto the background and then spraying  every  pink and red spray mist I own hehe. Once it was dried I sprinkled water on to the page and waited few  minutes before drying that with paper towel  - this leaves water resist marks which give depth and look of texture to the misted background.

Now it was time for the fun of making embellishment clusters and layers behind the photo. I chose a lovely photo of my sons with their great grandfather from last christmas and layer some of the paper and the heart gold doily behind it.

I then got to add some washi strips and the beautiful floral covered wood veneer. Also cut a part tag and phrase. Finishing it off with the big pink flower and hearts of the wood veneer and bling variety.



Because the misted background  covered the whole page i added a straight line border and drew some hearts along these  lines to draw eye into the page rather than it floating off.

Thanking you
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment