Wednesday 7 February 2018

Lisa - February Kit - Baby Brother

Hello again and welcome to my second layout using the February Scrapping Fun Embellishment Kit. If you remember my first layout "Big Sister" was using the same photos in a very similar design.


Because this will be going in my daughters' album I have concentrated on the softer pinks in the kit but have again used the blue patterned papers to compliment the blue in the photos. I have layered the gorgeous gold heart and pink hearts patterned paper from the kit under the photo as well as some blue word paper from my stash. I have not matted the photos in this layout.


When seeing the kit for the first time I saw all the "Love" themed embellishments and when doing this layout I remembered the song "All you need is love" by the Beatles and the line "Love Love Love". I darkened the wood veneer by spraying some Denim Kaisermist over the top.


I used the pink heart washi along the side of the photo and the red hearts to add some interest to that corner of the photos. I have used some Thickers from my stash for the title.


In the top right corner, I have added another little embellishment cluster using all kit items.

The one thing I wish I did in this layout is lifted the main photo display, It ended up a little too low on the page for my liking. Oh well. I don't think it really matters, I always feel the main thing is that the photos are documented.



See you later in the month with my third layout using the February Kit. Which will be quite different with a Vintage twist.

Bye!!




No comments:

Post a Comment