Friday 9 February 2018

Sarah - February kit - Cover Page

Hello crafty friends, Sarah here today with the February embellishment kit from Scrapping Fun Kits. Wow, what a fantastic kit this is!
The February embellishment kit is not only great for those 'love' themed pages, but would be fantastic for card making or those off the page projects. For this layout, I have used an 8.5X11 inch page os Kaisercraft cardstock and have created a February cover page for my 2017 family album (yes, I am still working on 2017!).

For the background I used some Jane Davenport Brights collection water colours on my small gelli plate (3X5 inch from Gelli Arts) and stamped this on to the cardstock. See below for how this was done. This was the first time I had used these watercolours and LOVE them! The colours are so vibrant! I printed one colour at a time and allowed it to dry before printing the next one. This ensures that the colours do not mix and turn to a muddy colour.
The photo of my husband and myself was double matted on the gorgeous heart paper provided in the kit. I then added the LOVE bingo cut apart under the photo to the right. The LOVE paperclip was added to the photo....perfect! Lets take a closer look (dont mind the paint I got on one of the heart veneers - I am such a messy creator!). The puffy letter stickers are from D-Lish Scraps.
I hope you enjoyed this layout. Be sure to get your February kit or subscribe so you dont miss out at http://scrappingfunkits.blogspot.com.au/. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment