Saturday 3 February 2018

Lisa - February Kit - Big Sister


Hello everyone !! Welcome to the February Scrapping Fun Embellishment Kit. This month I have done three 12x12 embellishment heavy layouts using this kit, what great value for money. This is my first layout. My second layout "Baby Brother" is very similar using the same photos but a slightly different colour scheme. They will be put in different albums.


I started with a patterned paper background, I chose blue as the contrasting colour to compliment the colours in the photos. I then trimmed about 1.5" off 2 sides of the white paper and affixed it to the patterned paper giving the border effect.  

I wanted to use the hearts patterned paper from the kit in two ways so I cut out the border and then matted the 3x3 photos on what was left. The blue word paper is from my stash. I laid everything down until I was happy with what I had and then glued and taped it all down.



The embellishment cluster is full of lovelies from the Scrapping Fun Kit. The red crotcheted flowers are a design team bonus (aren't we lucky).  I love all the wood veneer features, pink flower and the pressed metal rose, they all go so well together. The title is using some Thickers I got in another kit.



I have used the lovely washi from the Kit to add a little interest in that corner and added a little journalling up the right-hand side.

In the bottom left I have included a little embellishment cluster again using embellishments and washi from the Kit and a tiny word that I made from the patterned paper used under the photos.


I hope you enjoy this layout. This layout has a masculine feel using the red and blue from the Kit and will be put in my Son's alum.  I will be back in a few days using the same kit, similar design but with a different (more girly)feel about it.

Have a nice day !!



No comments:

Post a Comment